News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Oh Dear!

Started by Rob, July 06, 2016, 07:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Sorry, Rob.

The new zinc models are reserved for EU members..... :(

Ken

Jan

Even after the Brexit vote UK is still the EU member.  ;)

I intercede for a zinc wheel for Rob.  :)

Jan

Rob

LOL

Thanks Jan...us EU members have to stick together!! :-)

And Ken...when young Mr Trump parks his Delorean on the Whitehouse lawn, you guys are going to be chucked out of a few clubs I rather think :-)
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Rob,

Should that very sad day happen, I can see Lord Cornwallis telling George III, "I told you the colonials would bugger things!"

Ken

ps Thank you to the Czech Republic for coming to your aid in this gime of great need. :)

Rob

Happy days.

The new drive wheel has arrived complete with locking pin.  Though not the newer zinc version I'm quite happy as the T7 is now running true with no more slippage.

Took all of 3 minutes to replace the part :-)

Gotta love that 7 year warranty.
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Rob,

I am pleased you are up and running again.

Ken

jeffs55

Quote from: Rob on August 03, 2016, 10:21:54 PM
  Though not the newer zinc version
Gotta love that 7 year warranty.
Why didn't you get a zinc wheel? I am sure they were not replacing like for like as in same for same. At some point their inventory of plastic wheels will be exhausted. It should have been the latest greatest part available, read that as the most current production.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: jeffs55 on August 04, 2016, 04:28:34 AM
Why didn't you get a zinc wheel? I am sure they were not replacing like for like as in same for same. At some point their inventory of plastic wheels will be exhausted. It should have been the latest greatest part available, read that as the most current production.

It appears that they are indeed replacing like for like. At least until their inventory of plastic wheels is exhausted.  :)

It's not clear to me which, if either, of the wheels is the better one. It may be that the zinc wheel will last longer, but we will have to wait a long time to even be able to get the data we'd need to determine that.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Rob,

In the interest of proper testing, why don't you purchase a T8 and use it side by side with your T7 with the older model plastic drive wheel?  :)

Ken

Rob

Mostly because last time I checked Ken, there isn't a tree in my back garden that grows money!

However, I'm not fussed about receiving a plastic wheel since that was what was on my original.  I see no reason why I should expect to have a superior part (assuming the zinc is superior) without paying for an upgrade.  A like for like replacement seems eminently fair to me, just so long as it's functioning correctly, which thus far it is. So I'm happy and frankly it helps justify the rather high entry cost for the T7 in that close to 7 years later, the company continues to stand by it's customers by replacing parts in this way.  I think that's excellent service.
Best.    Rob.

Ken S