News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek SJ-250 question

Started by Ken S, January 24, 2011, 07:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

In recent posts there has been much interest in the Tormek 4000 grit wheel.  I would be curious to know how many of you who actually use one switch back and forth and how many use separate Tormek machines for the different wheels.

Ken

tooljunkie

Yes me too Ken.
Good question.

Dan
You can never have enough tools!

Ken S

Dan,  maybe we hit a sensitive nerve.  Come on, you guys, there is no shame is owning two (or more) Tormeks.  You can share your secret with us.  Neither should you be embarrassed to admit that you change wheels.

Jeff Farris

Ken,

What's the age of your machine? If you have the EzyLock shaft, changing stones takes just a few seconds. Any Tormek can be upgraded to the EzyLock shaft.
Jeff Farris

Ken S

Jeff, My T7 is middle 2010, just before the change of shafts.  I later bought an EZYlock.  It's a nice improvement, as is the new water trough.  Changing wheels is certainly easy.  I'm just curious to know if most of the multi wheel users change wheels or have second machines.

Ken

ionut

I didn't answer as I already said in different posts about my machines and stones.

Two machines T7  and 2006 and 4 stones. The 2006 is the honing machine with a 4000 Tormek Japanese stone and the leather honing wheel. I consider that for me as being the perfect setting for fast sharpening and very consistent results.
Both machines have the new versions of the though and the sharpening machine has the ezylock shaft for ease of exchanging the stones. I only use one universal support.

Ionut

Ken S

Thanks for the reply, Ionut.  I remember you had mentioned using two machines. 

Ken

tb444

I have to confess to having three, two 1200s  and one 2000, all with different stones. Keep trying to get another big one on ebay so i can sell the 2 1200s and consolidate and not have the problems of different diameters, but keep losing out.....

Ken S

tb,

Patience is a virtue.  Hang in there.  I have found ebay to be an inefficient market.

Ken

Steve Brown

Have you tried to snipe on Ebay? Hard to lose if you know what your number is.
Steve

Ken S

Nothing personal, Steve, but I hate ebay snipers!!!!  I do take some pleasure when I am sniped, but the sniper pays a very high price, of at least making the so and so pay!

Call me old fashioned.....Ken

Steve Brown

Ken, that's what I say, you have to know what you want to pay, you put that in the snipe site and that's all you pay. Lets say I see a guitar I like and it's worth $2000. I put in my max bid at say $1700 because if I can't get it for a deal, I don't want it. I don't see where anybody gets hurt, it's just that, to me, nobody wins but the seller in a public auction. Why bother?
Steve 

tooljunkie

I have sniped allot before but not by using software I did it by being there at the time of the auction so it only worked If I was at a computer.
I would wait till the last 2 seconds but for the last couple of years this doesn't work any more there seems to be a delay from the time I post to the time e-bay receives my post & had to shoot much earlier making it hard to time.

Steve Brown

Look up "auctionsniper.com". It's free, works like a charm.
Steve

tooljunkie

I will.
Thanks Steve.
I looked into some of these along time ago & they all were at a cost.
I like free

Dan