News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek SJ-250 question

Started by Ken S, January 24, 2011, 07:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Brown

Free is good, and this thing really works.

jrg1950

I have a T-7 with the  EzyLock shaft, which makes changing the wheels very fast, and just use one machine and change the wheels on it.
Joe R. Gray

Ken S

Joe,

My T7 was just before the EZYlock.  I had no problems with the old shaft, but decided to upgrade.  I really like the new EZYlock.  It does make changing the wheel a snap.

I only have the one wheel at this point.  I am considering adding wheels in the future.  While ideally it would be nice to have separate machines for each wheel, my retirement amateur shop would be very adequately served with a single machine.  Space is as  much a consideration as cost.

If I did a lot more work, or did it professionally, separate machines would be the cat's meow. I think Ionut's method is really slick.  (A second machine still tempts me.)

Ken (also 1950)

Steve Brown

Ken,
If it takes five seconds to change a wheel, what's the logic of having a machine for each wheel?
Steve

tb444

Lol, i'm just usually willing to pay less than others as i don't actually need it.... though it is frustrating when the winning bid is $1 more than my max bid...The most i'll pay is what i could sell the two 1200s for

The more i use the 4000 stone though the more i like it,  no longer take any of my woodwork tools to bench waterstones which are now used only for my good kitchen knives

Ken S

"If it takes five seconds to change a wheel, what's the logic of having a machine for each wheel?
Steve".........Good point, Steve.

TB,thanks for your thoughts on the 4000 stone.

Ken