News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Photobucket picture uploading tests

Started by Rob, March 02, 2013, 05:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinW

For anyone else who has tried my instructions about linking to Dropbox, you apparently get a different set of options come up if using Firefox or other browser. (What a surprise!)

I have opened up a Dropbox folder with some photos and sent Rob some alternative instructions to play with. If these are successful (already proven with Firefox) then I will update the above post so anyone should be able to get success.

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Rob

well....if thats not a bugger me I dont know what is!!

After I received your email I just flirted with the idea that this was an IE vs Firefox thing.  I reasoned....noooo surely Bill Gates cant be that bad....but then I remembered my sons Windows 8 PC we bought him for xmas....now thats the worst operating system GUI Ive ever seen in my life (and I was raised on the BBC Micro followed by DOS!!!)

So I figured....maybe its an IE thing.

Loaded up Firefox and sure enough...right click on the image and the copy address command is there.  In IE that command doesnt come up???

Its like they've deliberately engineered it badly....I despair.....I have all IOS devices for mobile, tablet etc, but still have a PC as my main computer.....next time I really think I'll go MAC!!

Thanks for the help Robin but I'm sorted now...I'll just use FF going fwd.

Cheers
Best.    Rob.

RobinW

Dropbox - Picture Posting Procedure

I have updated post number 56 as there are differences dependent on the browser someone may be using.

Procedure now shows how to use Safari (Mac) and Firefox (pc).

mike40

I am trying to download a photo from Photobucket where I have only two options, email img or HTML. I am trying email img first.

/Users/mike/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/07/03/20130703-174829/DSC_0003.JPG
Mike

mike40

Any suggestions. Rob said he uses direct link, but I don't have that option for some reason.
Mike

Mike Fairleigh

Mike, from Photobucket just use the tag that is titled "IMG" or "Image code."  When you paste it in here, the line should begin with {IMG} and end with {/IMG} except with square brackets instead of squigglies.
Mike

"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 7 sharpening my axe."  --Abraham Lincoln

mike40

I activated the direct link option in Photobucket. Let's see if works now (thanks to Rob's work on this).

http://s647.photobucket.com/user/mikego/media/4ef3d70a-9b38-4022-8f15-1786a8e702fd.jpg.html
Mike

Rob

Hi Mike

It did work but as a hyperlink rather than a picture which renders directly in the post.

Point being I got to see your chisel.  It isn't abundantly clear but it looks pretty freshly ground to me....in which case......do we hear champagne corks popping???

Have you taken the maiden voyage???
Best.    Rob.

mike40

Ok Mike. Thanks, I'll give it a try again. Third time lucky (maybe). [img]http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/mikego/DSC_0003.jpg[img]

Mike

mike40

Yes Rob! To say that I am thrilled with the Tormek would be an understatement. I didn't have anything with a really bad bevel on it so I used the fine stone grading for an old chisel and a plane blade. Super results!! Square and scary sharp. What looks like a candle on the edge is just a shiny spot from honing. I shaved off the end grain on some pine and it left a nice shiny surface and some nice shavings. Couldn't be better. I have to admit that the striations left on the blade in the videos worried me, as I get a very similar result direct off my grinder when renewing a bevel, but results belie the looks. I now know that I made a sound investment. Here's a link to the plane blade. [IMG]http://s647.photobucket.com/user/mikego/media/DSC_0009.jpg.html[IMG]
Mike

Rob

Best.    Rob.

grepper

Hey Mike,

Is this what you are trying to do?

I used the below URL

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/mikego/4ef3d70a-9b38-4022-8f15-1786a8e702fd.jpg

Like this, but remove the two X's in the 'img" prefix and suffix:

[Ximg]URL[X/img]

mike40

Thanks Grepper, I give it another try now.

Mike