News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Re:Sharpening Planer Blades with your TORMEK

Started by sjmbyrne, December 17, 2003, 03:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Ah...l have your (excellent by the way) DVD on turning tools but I'm toying with buying the planar knife jig. Based on the posts it's obviously got a tricky setup. But I've read a fair few of them now and it seems that provided you take great care to get the blade correctly angled and parallel then you should be fine

Must say I really like the idea of becoming self sufficient of sharpening services so I can just tweak them whenever it suits me. I work a lot of rough sawn oak when I'm building furniture and its a killer on the edges

Long shot I know but don't spose you have a short term plan to do a planar knife jig vid?
Best.    Rob.

Rob

Well, despite the absence of any response I went ahead and ordered the planar knife jig today. I did read the bulk of the threads in that category and what an interesting tale they tell.

Im really looking forward to shaving a week off the turnaround time for my blade sharpening service to deliver. Also to have the control to pop the knives out and touch up whenever I need to. It's just another rung on the self sufficiency ladder....can't wait

All that's needed now is a classic Jeff Farris tutorial covering off all the procedural cock ups I'm bound to fall down en route to developing proficiency in its use. Any plans Jeff?

Rob
Best.    Rob.

Rob

As an aside to that post for anyone living in the UK, D&M tools are doing the planar knife jig for only £109 with free shipping at the moment.  If you're in the market that's pretty good value
Best.    Rob.