News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Worn wm-200

Started by Colin, April 26, 2013, 01:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

I have just noticed that the corner of the angle indicater on my wm-200 has been rounded over where it rests on the wheel. Is this likely to effect the accuracy?

Colin

Herman Trivilino

Mine was like that for years.  Most of that wear occurred when it was new and I was learning to use it.

It will effect the accuracy.

You can replace just that part, which is what I did.

http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/index.php?target=part&partsProdID=22&catID=6#

I just noticed when I looked this up that I bought the wrong part!

Mine is the older WM-200 that only goes down to 15o.  I don't remember seeing the two parts when I bought mine a few months ago.  I just went out and looked them both over.  The only difference that I can see won't effect the accuracy.  I can eyeball 10o even though the scale only goes down to 15o.  So, maybe I made the right choice after all.

Origin: Big Bang

Colin

Thanks for the swift reply.

I've done a search but can't find a supplier in the UK that does replacement parts. Unless anyone else can point me in the right direction it looks like I will have to replace the whole thing.

Thanks again.

Colin

Herman Trivilino

Did you check with one of the BriMarc stockists?

You could also try emailing BriMarc at email@brimarc.com.

Herman Trivilino

You could also just live with it.  I would just estimate where that missing corner would have contacted the grindstone if it were not missing.  I used mine that way for many years.  The only reason I replaced it was because I was working on a modification to my homemade US micro adjuster and I needed a part.  I figured I might as well get them both at the same time and save on the shipping charge.

Colin

Just an update - Brimarc are ordering the part from Tormek for me. It will take about a month, but it is reasuring to know we can get the full range of spares in the UK.

Rob

Best.    Rob.