News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tilt Shoes & Water Chute for Long Tools

Started by tooljunkie, January 10, 2011, 03:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooljunkie

Has anyone noticed that the Tilt Shoes are not quite enough tilt to prevent water dripping off to the left onto the housing?

I added a 1/4" spacer to lift the left a little more & that seams to be enough to keep the water at bay.

Dan
You can never have enough tools!

Jeff Farris

Your table must be out of level.  ;D

Seriously, the goal is not to keep water from hitting the top of the frame, but for the water that hits the top of the frame to run off, into the water tray. I personally find that any more tilt than the tilt shoes introduce and I am in an uncomfortable working position.
Jeff Farris

tooljunkie

ionut

Hi Dan,

In my case I just got few drops only. If you want to avoid that I suggest you to apply on the back of the blades a bit of paste wax before starting to sharpen, that would not let the blade carry much water on it's back. I agree with Jeff, tilting more the machine starts to feel awkward.

Ionut

tooljunkie

OK
Thanks Ionut

I can't do much organizing the shop because I can't stay away from my T-7  ;D