News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Double Bladed Axe

Started by RickKrung, September 30, 2018, 05:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickKrung

I know there has been discussion of sharpening axes previously.  I just had not done much, only one until today.  Today, at the local farmers market, a fellow brought in a hatchet and a double bladed axe.  The hatchet was easy to do using the axe jig and I did it at the market.  Got it sharp enough to push cut telephone book paper, using the DC and DF diamond wheels and leather honing wheel. 

The double bladed axe was a different matter.  The axe jig doesn't work.  So, I figured I'd have to rig up a platform or find a what to jig it for use on the USB.  The latter is what I did.  I took a deep cabinet clamp and secured it at the center of the double blade, both laterally and longitudinally.

I used the laser to indicate the LOC and pivoted mostly, only lifting slightly as it reached the corners.  It also push cuts phone book paper, using only the DC/DF/LW. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Ken S

Well done, Rick! That earns you one of the highly coveted forum Popular Mechanics Home Workshop awards for useful ideas. Congratulations? Unfortunately, there is no money with this award, just prestige........

Ken

Fernando

Quote from: Ken S on September 30, 2018, 12:35:19 PM
Well done, Rick! That earns you one of the highly coveted forum Popular Mechanics Home Workshop awards for useful ideas. Congratulations? Unfortunately, there is no money with this award, just prestige........

Ken

prestige and more congratulations for your good ideas.
you did not know but with that idea you have already helped me