News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Grindstone blemish and bumping.

Started by Graham, August 29, 2015, 03:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

I have a three week old T7 and have noticed a bump in the sharpening of drills on one side of the stone. This side shows a lighter colour stone which is removable when graded but comes back very soon after. What I am wondering is is this normal on a new stone. I have also trued the stone twice but it still remains. Also how do I attach a photo?

Great forum by the way.

Elden

Welcome to the forum, Graham.

Mike Fairleigh covered posting photos well in the following quote.

Quote from: Mike Fairleigh on December 06, 2012, 06:32:21 AM
To post photos, you first have to "host" them on a photo hosting site.  Many use photobucket.com, where you can get a free account very easily.  Once you have an account there, you upload your photos to that site.  It has all kinds of features so that you can organize your pictures into directories, etc.

Once uploaded, each picture will have a line of "img" (image) code which you can copy and paste into your post here.  Here's the photobucket window showing what I mean.  This is a photo of my Greenlee drawknife, which I uploaded to Photobucket long ago.  If I want to post the pic here, I just go to that picture in Photobucket, copy the contents as shown by the arrow...

then, back here in my Tormek (or any other) forum posting, I just paste that IMG value into my post, wherever I want the picture to appear.  When I click the "Post" button you magically see...

Trust me, it takes 10 times as long to write this up as it does to actually do it.

And by the way, I took a chunk out of my right index finger with that very drawknife this week.  >:(
Elden

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: Graham on August 29, 2015, 03:49:08 AM
I have a three week old T7 and have noticed a bump in the sharpening of drills on one side of the stone. This side shows a lighter colour stone which is removable when graded but comes back very soon after. What I am wondering is is this normal on a new stone.

No, it is not normal. I would contact Tormek right away and inform them. There were some quality issues with grindstones a while back. Seems they had a bad batch or something.

Origin: Big Bang