News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How to Post an Image

Started by grepper, January 20, 2015, 03:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grepper

I've noticed folks have difficulty learning how to post images.  Hopefully this will be helpful.

Posting  images is easy.  Simply put the link to the picture between two image place holders (called Bulletin Board Code or BBC)  like this.  This tells the forum software that what is between the two BBC's is an image.  The BBC's are NOT case sensitive.  Note: there is a "/" in the ending BBC:

Note: Pressing the Insert Image button in the post editor will type out the BBC's for you, but you can just type them in yourself.

Here is an example.  BTW, if Tormek changes their web site in the future this particular image will not work, because it is a direct link to an image on the Tormek home page.  But there is still enough information here to get the idea across.

Try it yourself!  Open the forum post editor and type in the above text.  Then press the Preview button.  You will get this:

Note: for this forum, a link to an image is a simple, direct link that begins with "http" and ends with the "image name".  You do not want it to begin with URL or "a href".
Note: It begins with "http" and ends with the "the name of the image".

If you are using PhotBucket, you want to select the Direct link.  Other image hosting sites may have a different name for it, but in PhotoBucket it is Direct link:

Scale your images to 640x640 pixels or LESS before posting.  640x640 is a big image for the forum.  Images straight from a camera may be 3000x2500 or larger, and are HUGE when posted without downsizing.   For instance, this image is 396x275:

Ken S

Great post, Mark.  Thanks.

Presently my faithful 2008 vintage imac is comatose. My son-in-law replaced the PRAM battery; the hard drive has been erased and the old operating system installed. All seemed well for a day. It is dead again. I want to start posting photos as seem as my "big mac" is running again. It may be time for a replacement.

Ken