News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

knife sharpeners, help is on the way!

Started by Ken S, February 21, 2015, 01:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy R Jørgensen

If it's not broken, DON'T fix it.

stevebot

withdrawn
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

stevebot

withdrawn by popular request.
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

Rob

So when I mentioned in a previous post about the thin end of the wedge......
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

So when I complained in numerous posts about the lack of good training videos..........

Jan

Quote from: Rob on May 21, 2015, 06:28:10 PM

So when I mentioned in a previous post about the thin end of the wedge......

Rob, I hear angles dancing on the thin end of the wedge. But they are strikingly noisy this time, so I am afraid those are not the good angles, which we encountered in previous threads.  ;)

Jan

Jimmy R Jørgensen

SharpenADullWitt

Quote from: Jimmy R Jørgensen on May 22, 2015, 11:35:30 PM
Quote from: stevebot on May 21, 2015, 06:05:35 PM
withdrawn by popular request.

Sorry. but what does that mean?
He is still selling the video, but when he posted a sharpness tester, it started a whole debate about advertising on the forum.  So he removed the ad.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Jimmy R Jørgensen

So the problem is/was that he was selling the stuff he made advertise about, not that he posted a advertisement?. Or both? Or that it wasn't a Tormek Product?

Ken S

The problem started when Steve posted a new knife sharpening test product. Steve graciously removed the post. I have no comment on that. I am not in the knife sharpening business. The product looked useful to me. I guess one must look elsewhere to learn about such things.

Ken