News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Looking for shaft extension for T8

Started by msarahan, November 10, 2023, 03:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msarahan

I've been following the Knife Grinders methods for sharpening, with a rock hard felt wheel that I obtained from Duro-Felt. It has worked very well on the grinding wheel side, but I don't have the shaft extension that Vadim used to ship with his felt wheels, so I can't mount it on the non-water-trough side. I haven't been able to find anywhere to order this part. Can anyone recommend a place to order from? Preferably in the US.

Image is from knifegrinders.com.au. I'd gladly buy it from them, but they are no longer selling them.

Ken S

Mike,

You may already have a compatible part if you have the LA-120  Profiled Leather Honing Wheel. I believe the shaft from this will fit. I say "believe" because I do not presently have access to my shop. If you have the Profiled Leather Honing Wheel, you can easily check this.

Ken

msarahan

Good idea, Ken! Thanks. I don't have one of those (yet?). I'd still prefer a way to buy one standalone, but it's nice to have this option if I can't track one down.

msarahan

Tormek support pointed out that their authorized resellers carry replacement parts. This shaft for the LA-120 set is available by itself.

Here's a US link: https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Shaft-for-LA-120-Profiled-Leather-Honing-Wheels-P2085C370.aspx

At $25.50, this was the best option for me. Thanks Ken and HaioPaio.