News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Paper Wheel For Honing?

Started by darita, July 20, 2022, 03:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darita

Does anyone here use the Sharpening Made Easy, slotted paper wheels?  I just ordered some 10" wheels from them, however they will take weeks to arrive.  I'd like to know if they are actually 10" in diameter?  I'm trying to set up my grinder for honing and need to make some dummy wheels to use to measure off of.
What do you commonly use on your paper wheels and for what purposes?

cbwx34

Quote from: darita on July 20, 2022, 03:36:59 PM
Does anyone here use the Sharpening Made Easy, slotted paper wheels?  I just ordered some 10" wheels from them, however they will take weeks to arrive.  I'd like to know if they are actually 10" in diameter?  I'm trying to set up my grinder for honing and need to make some dummy wheels to use to measure off of.
What do you commonly use on your paper wheels and for what purposes?

Knifegrinder's video shows they measure 256mm (10.08").  So, I'm guessing they're pretty close to 10". ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

darita

3D Anvil

I have a pair and they are in fact 256mm.

Markku P

I made my own 8" wheels of MDF which is some 1" thick and I run them with green compound. I´ll get deburr and polish with the same run.
That green compound should be #100 000 grit / 0,2-0,5 micron what late Dr Vadim told on his videos.
Inquisitive old Finnish man. ;)