News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Help a Newbie

Started by Adam1630, March 21, 2022, 09:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TireguyfromMA

Thank you all for your input and experience(s) with chipped/cracked SJ Wheels. I'll take it nice and easy when it comes time to truing the wheel and I'll let you know how it turns out.

tgbto

And to elaborate on the edge-leading / edge-trailing difference, i've come across this distinction many times in the dozen or so articles I've read on the scienceofsharp website , that was mentioned by @john.jcb in another thread.

For instance, this one, where he makes the distinction in what you want for a razor or a knife being very different and also being highly dependant on the stropping technique

QuoteAlso, keenness can vary dramatically between edge leading and edge trailing honing strokes where identical levels of bevel polish occur.

He also elaborates a lot on how much truth there is to the link between microserrations and grit.

Cheers!

Nick.