News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Crooked axe jig

Started by Naf, January 06, 2022, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naf

Just wanted let everyone know, Tormek replaced my crooked axe jig came in a kit bought with a bundle. Have been very happy bout this as it one of my most frequently used jigs so farand new one work much better. Even came with prepaid label for return of bad one. Thank you, Brian! I know KenS said he debated himself regarding the merits of axe jig for a decade before he bought one, so he probably return it soon after, but if you have one you haven't used yet you may want check it. My guess mine was inserted in press off center when lobes bent. Not off much but did affect when sharpening mezzaluna and axes, especially thin throwing axes.

Ken S

For the record:

I never meant to state or imply that the Tormek ax jig was defective in any way. The only reason I waited ten years to purchase one was that I do not own an ax. Nor do I sharpen for anyone else. I found a good deal, and, being a Tormek junkie, I purchased it. I still have it, but, as expected, have never used it.

Ken

Ukfraser

Quote from: Ken S on January 06, 2022, 03:46:03 PM
For the record:

I do not own an ax.

You are seriously missing out!

One of lifes little joys is wielding or carving with a really sharp axe.

;o)

Ken S

You are probably correct. I have more wanted projects than time; please enjoy axes for me.

Ken

RichColvin

I use mine often.  Works greatly!
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Naf

Ken,

We know. It OK.  We forgive you for not owning/ sharpening/ throwing things like axes / harpoons / spears... provided you not give us who do too much hard time for doing socause he right, you are seriously missing out! I probably not by axe jigeither if not have axe! That said, I won't be joining you on any decade long debate... about anything... just saying.

Naf

Thank God knife jigs hold harpoon!!!