News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Flat on stone

Started by Christopher, September 08, 2021, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Hello, new to the forum, I have a 250x50 old wheel that has a flat spot on ot, Someone said it was because the stone has been left sitting in water!!, be that as it may, I need to make the stone round again, how is the best way to achieve that please. E mail, kit49@mail.com   I live in the United Kingdom.
Thank you for any help with this small problem. 
Chris

RickKrung

This is no different that truing an out of round stone, using the truing tool, as that is all the flat is, just on a different scale/geometry.  Hopefully the flat is not huge, requiring removal of a lot of the stone's diameter, but entirely doable. 

If you don't have a truing tool, you should have one, so the "investment" is more of a necessity.  If you have to buy one, make sure it is the "updated" version. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Ken S

Ken S

Chris,

The latest Tormek online class (molding cutter sharpening) has a very well done, thorough demonstration aboutusing the TT-50 truing tool. It starts at 6min/30 seconds. Hereis the link:

https://youtu.be/jNU3mLmXLyY

Keep us posted!

Ken