News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

tormek xb-100

Started by tim, March 29, 2021, 01:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim

Anyone have the dimensions for the tormek xb-100?

micha

tim

micha

Hi Tim

you're welcome. And welcome to the forum, too! :)

Mike

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Tim.

The XB-100 is an accessory of many possible uses. I believe its primary limits are determined by the imagination of the user. I also believe it is an example of the evolution of both Tormek and the Tormek community. It has long ago outgrown its original function of providing horizontal sleeves for the SuperGrind.

The original version used a locking screw on only one sleeve. The present version has locking screws on both sleeves, a real improvement. This design could be improved substantially if Tormek redesigned it with their patented Torlock sleeves. Torlock greatly increases holding power.

As we increase the scope of tools sharpened with the Tormek, I believe the XB-100 will become increasingly useful.

Ken

tim

Thanks guys.
New to the Tormek world but have 40 years toolmaking in my background. Retired and missing the craft so I`m looking to make a few things.

Ken S

We can always use an experienced toolmaker!

Ken

tim

RickKrung

I think this has been posted in another thread somewhere, but couldn't say which one, so here it is again. 

A drawing I made of the XB-100, as part of one of several projects I've started and sometimes completed. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

tim

Curious if this could be 3D printed.

RichColvin

I doubt it would provide a base that is secure enough
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.