News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

rock hard felt wheel

Started by Garrett47, December 13, 2020, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrett47

I just watched a YouTube video about sharpening serrated knives. The demonstration used a double-beveled rock-hard felt wheel to de-burr the serrated areas.
After checking the Tormek site as well as Amazon, I can't find such an item. can anyone offer guidance on this. Many thanks. Garrett

BradGE

Garrett47

Thank you. The Aussie supplier is sold out at this point but I'll drop them a note and ask to be wait-listed. Thanks again. Garrett

Louiesdad

See the new post on them up above.

Louiesdad

FELT hard wheels 254x25.4x12mm, much like to KG product but DIAMOND HARD, Made in USA. pm FOR MORE INFO.

BeSharp

Vadim just posted last week a new slide show video that further clarifies effectiveness of various felt wheel hardnesses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN9nZsuvxQE

So it seems diamond hard might not work as well...

WagonHo!

I contacted Knife Grinders on the 2nd of this month about the double bevel felt wheel. Vadim promptly replied the wheel will be available at the end of Jan for those on wait list. Spendy but necessary as have a lot of customers that prefer to use serrated knives in the kitchen especially if their kids help with food prep.

John_B

Quote from: WagonHo! on January 13, 2021, 09:09:09 PM
I contacted Knife Grinders on the 2nd of this month about the double bevel felt wheel. Vadim promptly replied the wheel will be available at the end of Jan for those on wait list. Spendy but necessary as have a lot of customers that prefer to use serrated knives in the kitchen especially if their kids help with food prep.

The worst knife cut I have ever had was with a serrated knife. It was on my palm and due to a lapse in judgement and the knife cut through the roll a lot easier than I expected.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

WagonHo!

Knife grinders have the double taper wheels in stock, received notification last night and promptly placed order. Sure would like one of those $$$ Kangaroo strops. Interesting reading had no idea what a guarded resource they are.

Garrett47

Thanks so much for the update. Will get on it later this evening.
Stay safe,
Garrett