News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Angle Setting Jig for the SVD-110

Started by router1969, November 17, 2020, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I like JVH's simple modified kenjig idea. I believe the future will see even more of us increasingly using diamon and/or CBN wheels which do not change diameter. Hopefully we are mostly beyond the nonsense of 253mm diameter wheels, which I believe are really ten inch, a mistake for a metric machine.

I also believe wheel wear with knives is overblown. Yes, conventional wheels do wear. However, the bevel angle of scrapers is not critical. Worst case scenario, the simple jig will get you very close. Using the black marker should cover the fine tuning.

Ken

Dutchman

Quote from: cbwx34 on November 20, 2020, 12:45:24 PM
Hey Ton!
You finally made it! 🤣
🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳
Yes! Thanks. Finally succeeded.
Promise for a bright future.  8)

Ken S

Dutchman,

If your future is as bright as your past contributions, we will continue pushing back the frontiers of sharpening knowledge.

Your grinding angles booklet is the the inspired spark for all of our advancements in knife set up. (It will be a very hard act for you to follow!)   :)

Thank you, Ton.

Ken