News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Welds on US-430 extended support

Started by BradGE, August 23, 2020, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micha

jvh,

now that's really quite different. Mine is one of the first US-430, too, but no problems with alignment or rust. I guess you should forward those pictures to Tormek support.

Mike

Ken S

JVH,
Please email your photos and descriptions to support@tormek.se
Ken

jvh

Hello,

I've just got final reply from Tormek support and they will replace my US-430, because it is not supposed to be like that.

What a support! Thank you very much guys. :)

jvh

Ken S

JVH,
It has been said that "contact support" is my pat answer. That may be so, however, as you have seen, it works.
I am pleased but not surprised with your happy resolution.
Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on August 26, 2020, 03:54:40 PM
JVH,
It has been said that "contact support" is my pat answer. That may be so, however, as you have seen, it works.
I am pleased but not surprised with your happy resolution.
Ken

Actually it was... "Too bad this has to be the 'pat' answer"... ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I agree, CB. In a perfect world, my pat answer shouldn't be necessary. In this world, I am very grateful for a reliable, responsive support service. I would also mention my other pat answer, purchase your Tormek through an authorized dealer you will trust through the years. It also works.

Ken

John_B

My US-430 came from the second production run and it does not have the issues described above. I am glad I got it when I did; perhaps procrastination is not all bad.

What I find convenient is that I can set each side up one for grinding and one for honing using a predetermined projection distance for each. Makes things go a bit faster when all I have to do is rotate the machine.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

BeSharp

Wow, I was about to post that I have the same problem with all three US-430's (bought from Big Bear Tools in Canada), but you guys beat me to it. As it would hinder production to return them and wait for "correct" ones, I guess I'll be filing/grinding down mine. 

Ken S

I would suggest contacting support (support@tormek.se). In my case, just a couple of minutes with my file made the world "safe for democracy". If my support bar weld looked like the one in the photo posted earlier, I would have contacted support. Send them photos of your welds. If they are that bad, I would be surprised if support would leave you high and dry for a shipping period.

Ken

QUADroach

Quote from: jvh on August 26, 2020, 03:34:56 PM
Hello,

I've just got final reply from Tormek support and they will replace my US-430, because it is not supposed to be like that.

What a support! Thank you very much guys. :)

jvh

Good service like that is rare these days