News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Q3 which jig for a small router

Started by Ukfraser, August 02, 2020, 02:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukfraser

While watching some videos, i saw a router being shown but not sure which jig you would use as the bevel is on the inside and the stem seems to block the path to the grinding stone.

RichColvin

Fraser,

I checked Leonard Lee's book, and he offers no advice. 

I would consider sharpening this from the bottom, not the top.  Remember, the leading edge must be lower than the rest, but the overall shape can be convex — flatness is not req'd.  This would allow for holding the shaft in the SVS-50 jig. 

Kind regards,
Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ukfraser

The svs 50 could also be the answer to my marking knife. Thanks

Ken S

I would set the blade on the support bar or platform jig and gently use the side of the grinding wheel. These blades have a very small surface area and are not usually very dull. I would not be concerned about using the side of the SG wheel for them.

Incidentally, for many years my only router was the larger version of yours. Both sizes are still very useful tools.

Ken