News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Wicked edge for bevels?

Started by bgtklbx, June 11, 2020, 02:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgtklbx

Has anyone else used their Wicked Edge for finding edge angles?  I started out with a WE, and still use it occasionally. Its great for determining the angles using a marker and fine stone. Its easy to dial in the angle and fine tune with the sharpie marker. I use a 1200 stone with light psi so i don't remove excess metal.

cbwx34

Quote from: bgtklbx on June 11, 2020, 02:21:45 AM
Has anyone else used their Wicked Edge for finding edge angles?  I started out with a WE, and still use it occasionally. Its great for determining the angles using a marker and fine stone. Its easy to dial in the angle and fine tune with the sharpie marker. I use a 1200 stone with light psi so i don't remove excess metal.

I've used one to check the angles set with the calculator(s) when I was learning to use them, using a digital angle cube to check the angle on the WE. 

Good idea IMO. 
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Hogdog6

I use a wicked edge more in reverse of what your saying but I really like your idea.
If I have a knife i want a very clean mirror bevel that needs a fair amount of grinding I start on the Tormek and finish on the wicked edge.