News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

WM-200 storage plate

Started by Yardbird, March 21, 2020, 07:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yardbird

Greetings all. I have had my T8 for about a year, and I am loving it! There is one minor thing: Try as I might, I can't get the storage plate for the WM-200 to stick on the front of the machine. I have lightly clamped it, cleaned the mounting surface, tried double sided carpet tape(I suppose I shouldn't have done that...). Anybody else with this trouble? It is such a little thing, but having it stored right on the sharpener is very handy! Thanx for looking, everybody!

Jof

Drove me mad on my first day of my T8 so I did some sleuthing.

According to 3Ms technical documents, you have to press it fairly hard all round and hold for a couple of minutes. It's possible of course that it's worn out now though.

Ken S

Yardbird,

I have read posts from members who glued the plate to their T8 housing after it fell off. For what it's worth, here is what I do:

I have both a T7 and a T8. For most of the last ten years, I have not been enthusiastic about the Anglemaster. I never bothered to secure the Anglemaster onto my T7. Consequently, I have never tried to secure the mounting plate onto my T8. I have never found having an Anglemaster "on the loose" to be a problem.

Ken

AKMike

The TTS-100 is essential to turners, so not having a plate that stays attached to the T8 is a pain.

Mike

RickKrung

Yes, back in the Fall of 2017, when I got my T8, I had that problem.  It drove me nuts for a while.  Nothing worked until I superglued it.  No problem since, but that is irrelevant because I do not use the WM-200 at all and if I did, it would still live in the small boxes I use for storing jigs and other tools. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

John_B

I have an old metal machinists chest and mine resides on the aide of it. I must admit that with the advent of the software programs I have not used it.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Yardbird

Thanx for looking and all your responses!! Kevin

CarlKlefbom

Hello,

We have addressed this problem and now we have started to use double adhesive tape to secure that it sticks.
If you still have a problem with this we can send you this adhesive tape by mail.

Please send an email to info@tormek.se and we will help you with this.

Best regards
Carl, Tormek

Ken S

Yardbird,

Please follow through on Carl's offer. Use the new tape and post your thoughts. That's how we learn.

Ken