News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Nick Agar spindle gouge sharpening/using video

Started by Ken S, March 09, 2018, 01:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I found this well done video. I believe he has done several others. It shows several sharpening methods, including both the Tormek and the BGM-100.
Enjoy.

Ken

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPay41hPBw

RickKrung

Quote from: Ken S on March 09, 2018, 01:53:31 PM
I found this well done video. I believe he has done several others. It shows several sharpening methods, including both the Tormek and the BGM-100.
Enjoy.

Ken

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPay41hPBw

Nice video.  Love the control he has and the beauty of the cuts he makes.  Causes me to have more interest in wood turning.  ARRRGH!  Please, not another serial obsession!  I have too many already. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Wyo6050

I always had issues with where to put my hands to get the full swing-  I'll try Nick's suggestion to place the thumb behind the elbow on the jig next time I'm doing my gouges. 

One question I've been looking for on here is convex bevel spindle gouge, and if anyone has done that grind on the tormek, but that is for another thread. 

Thanks for the video- I'll have to rethink the my profiles to make it less time sharpening and more time turning.

RichColvin

Quote from: RickKrung on March 10, 2018, 04:27:12 PM

Please, not another serial obsession!

We call it the black hole.  One you pass the event horizon, you are never coming out !

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.