News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tool Holder Sleeve

Started by metzz, January 02, 2017, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metzz

Does anyone know if the sleeve for the tool holder can be purchased separately? I lent mine to a friend and got it back with the sleeve broken where the two tubes meet. He must have dropped it or something. It's part number 4 in the attached image.

SharpenADullWitt

Sharp tools USA/Advanced machinery, Jeff Farris's old company, is the USA parts place.
WWW  dot  advmachinery.com/pages/tormek-parts-finder
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

metzz

Thanks for that. I was hoping to find it on this side of the pond. Being made in Europe I thought parts would be more relatively available here. I'm from Ireland.

Elden

Try Brimarc. Ken says for UK users to contact them for parts. I am not sure for other countries. Would think Tormek in Sweden would be another possibility.
Elden

Ken S

I finally got the photo to open. The sleeve (listed for the older SVD-185) lists for $29 and change at advanced machinery plus shipping. If you are trying to upgrade the older model, the new SVD-186 is a substantial enough upgrade that I would recommend getting the newer jig.

If you are still interested in pyrchasing just the part, contact Tormek support (support@tormek.se). I was hoping the new beta website would list dealers who carry parts. Apparently that has not made it into the site.

Ken

Stickan

Hi,

On the web page we have this link http://tormek.com/international/en/resellers/

On the new webpage it will also be listed. If somone sell Tormek they can get parts.

Best,
Stig