News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

hall monitor

Started by jeffs55, September 29, 2015, 05:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffs55

We need a "hall monitor" that has the power to delete spam from the forum. Stig is not on duty 24/7 and I get irritated when I see the crap that gets posted on here.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

mark1

Stickan

Hi,
Working on that!

Sincerely,
Stig

Rob

Uh-oh...that means 98% of my posts will be deleted :-)
Best.    Rob.

Stickan

Rob,
You might be in trouble in the future ;-)

Best,
Stig

Rob

I promise to be good from now on :-)
Best.    Rob.

jeffs55

Quote from: Stickan on September 29, 2015, 07:14:44 AM
Hi,
Working on that!

Sincerely,
Stig
Since the earth is divided into 24 time zones I suggest the following. Divide the 24 zones into 3 regions. Tormek should search their forum user database and identify one person in each group of the "regions", preferably in the middle of an 8 hour segment. That is in zone 4 or 5 within the 8 and make him the "hall monitor". This would allow that person the most monitoring time until the watch changed.
Jan, concerning the shielding of the motors. When placing the magnets onto the motor housing I clearly a felt a strong repulsion of the magnet due to the coincidental placement of like pole to like pole. Turning the magnet over solved that.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Rob,

We need a volunteer to cover the Greenland watch?  Would you be willing to relocate?

:)

Rob

haha...I am genuinely laughing out loud...nay guffawing in fact.

Well done Ken....FINALLY you have an official role in the Tormek universe....a long time coming my friend and hard earned I would suggest.

All Hail....King Ken.

Now, Greenland you say...whats it like at this time of year, do they have electricity :-)
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Thanks, Rob.

Greenland is just two islands to the left from you.  :)

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

I was half expecting to see a certain hall monitor/bounty hunter character from an animated show (south park), turn up as his new image.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)