News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

zirconia ceramic knife

Started by Alagesan, September 05, 2015, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how to sharpen a ceramic knife

where to get tormek grinders in india
0 (0%)
how to sharpen a ceramic knife
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Alagesan

Hai how to sharpen ceramic knife. 
Where do we get tormek grinders in india

Elden

Welcome to the forum, Alagesan. Check out the following link about sharpening ceramic knives.

http://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=1482.msg4890#msg4890
Elden

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Alagesan. I suggest you email Tormek support in Sweden to find dealers serving India. The email address is support.tormek.se

Ken

Herman Trivilino

Here's a list of dealers:

http://tormek.com/international/en/resellers/

There are none in India!
Origin: Big Bang

Alagesan

Thanks.  We will write to the sweden office

We are planning to manufacture these zirconia ceramic knifes.  We need the best systems to achieve repetability in the sharpness.  Hence we require these grinders.

jeffs55

Repeatability is not a Tormek attribute. Tormek systems are handheld and therefore subject to the human holding them to maintain consistency. Do you have robots working for you? If not, this is not for you. Great for home use and limited commercial use but the grind characteristics on things like high end knives would preclude its use on same. I am just an average Joe or in this case Jeff and I like the Tormek. It is not for a professional shop that desires repeatability and what professional shop does not want that?
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Rob

I would let the Tormek commercial folks respond to this question
Best.    Rob.

Stickan

Hi,
We don't recommend to sharpen ceramic knifes with our machine. The edge on a ceramic knife is to fragile.
Our thought is that you should be able to get the tools you are sharpening as sharp or sharper than new.
We have tried to sharpen ceramic knifes and can get it sharp but is very hard to get it as sharp as new.
The SB-250 stone on 1000 grid and very little pressure makes a good job but not a perfect edge.

Stig