News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

wheel diameter correction is important with angle master

Started by Ken S, April 13, 2015, 07:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I recently ground two chisels to a twenty five degree bevel to compare the amount of hollow grind difference between the T7 and the T4. Elden had just posted about checking the ground bevel with a protractor. I measured the two chisels with my protractor. The chisel ground with the T7 was right on at twenty five degrees. The chisel ground on the T4 showed thirty degrees. This puzzled me. I did not follow up on it at the time, but the discrepancy  was in the back of my mind.

I finally realized the problem. I was using only one angle master, and I had neglected to reset the wheel diameter from 250mm to 200 mm.

Case solved. I made "T7" and T4" labels for the angle masters and keep the correct one stuck to the correct machine with the built in magnets.

Ken

longlivelavey

Howdy Ken,

Completely agree with your idea! I just recently got a second Angel Master to prevent me from having to constantly change the angel setting on the first one to work my wood chisels and plane irons. That idea has saved me so much frustration. ;D

---
longlivelavey