News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Flat grinding possibilities?

Started by Titian, September 11, 2014, 01:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Very evocative image there Titian.  I am a big fan of those early (Fred Quimby) Tom and Jerry's.  Fingers down a blackboard was another toe curler :-)
Best.    Rob.

SharpenADullWitt

Quote from: Ken S on September 16, 2014, 11:24:10 AM

Tormek has added the black and Japanese wheels to increase its range of cutting capability.  I believe at some future date we may see a diamond wheel for the Tormek. that would be superb (and probably priced that way).  To have the cool dust free cutting of the Tormek combined with the fast cutting of the diamond wheel with no need to re-true and refresh the stone would be a major advance.

If I just had a Tormek with a diamond wheel and the skill of my grandfather and the old carpenter............

Ken

ps I highly recommend having a set of bastard, second cut and smooth mill files with proper handles.  I have them is several sizes.  They see a lot of use, usually quick smoothing and fitting chores.

I haven't seen the diamond/CBN wheels on this side of the pond, but I have seen them listed for a Tormek both in the UK and Australia.  Others came out with other stones for the Tormek, before they came out with their other stones, so it isn't surprising.  I would think the CBN stones, would be along the lines of the SJ, more then the other ones, personally. (great if your only honing, not so much for any shaping)
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)