News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Corner Chisel?

Started by kennyk, June 16, 2014, 02:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyk

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to use a Tormek to sharpen a 90 degree corner chisel?   

Herman Trivilino

You could do some of the grinding using the SVS-32:

http://tormek.com/international/en/grinding-jigs/svs-38-short-tool-jig-svs-32/

But if you're grinding on the inside corner, which I'd guess is the case, then you'd have to finish up the grinding process with bench stones or the like.
Origin: Big Bang

kennyk

Hi Herman

Thanks,  I wondered if that was the case.  I don't use a corner chisel very often anyway, so it's not a major worry.

Ken S

I have a small (3/8" x 3/8") corner chisel.  I generally use stones to sharpen it.  It can be a finicky tool to sharpen. (Use it carefully!)

Ken

Herman Trivilino

I don't use one, but I imagine that if you used it only for the final removal of that last bit of wood left in the corner, and kept it hidden from the neighbors, it would rarely if ever need sharpening.

You could definitely flatten the backs on the side of the Tormek grindstone, and hone the back and the bevels on the honing wheel.
Origin: Big Bang