News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Site spidered?

Started by grepper, February 23, 2013, 07:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grepper

Wow!  About 3,000 views each on two different topics.

We may be very interested in this stuff, but I would think that our little world here about a particular grinder is pretty obscure and esoteric to the rest of 'Net land. :)

Ken S

Sorry, "spidered" isn't part of my vocabulary.  I guess my last millennium roots are showing.  Three thousand hits on  three year old posts does not seem unusual to me.  The one post was about a guy trying to save some money by buying a less expensive Grizzly base to go with his Tormek accessories. I suspect there are many, even many on this forum, who considered going the less expensive route.

The other post concerned the Tormek being slow, another popular topic.  I think this post would be interesting to revive, as it seems to have merit. 

I wonder what happened to the initial poster who had purchased all the stuff, but no machine.  I suspect he has moved onto buying other things to store in his basement.  I feel sorry for him; I don't think he will ever experience the joy of creating a really sharp edge or creating anything except credit charges.

Ken

Elden

Ken,
Actually it sounds like he got one or that he already had one when that was written. I wonder if he was just writing fictionally for a story. If you go to the members list and click on his  member name (Redoak), then click on "show posts". It shows 3 posts written just a few days apart (March 16, 2010, March 19, 2010, March 22, 2010). You can determine from his comments, particularly the latest post, that he had a Tormek.

Quote:
[One thing though, after the initial shaping on the vertical mount, which was pretty good as it was, I decided to move it over to the horizontal mount to polish it off a bit before honing. I used the TT setter to set the universal mount on that side and thought that would be "close enough". Apparently not.]

It's too bad there are so many members have never posted or only a few times and then apparently disappeared. But then it might be better if I would stay quieter!
Elden

Rob

Not at all Elden, I for one enjoy reading your posts. Keep them coming :-)
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

I second Rob's thoughts.  Keep posting, Elden.

Ken

Rob

Best.    Rob.