News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

10” split felt wheel

Started by WagonHo!, September 02, 2020, 08:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WagonHo!

Greetings
I recently acquired a used T-7 and am in the process of refurbishing the unit. I'm looking for a split felt wheel rock hard or flint 10" for burr removal on serrated knives. I noticed some of you use a felt wheel for polishing could you direct me to a vendor. Thank you

cbwx34

Quote from: WagonHo! on September 02, 2020, 08:23:19 PM
Greetings
I recently acquired a used T-7 and am in the process of refurbishing the unit. I'm looking for a split felt wheel rock hard or flint 10" for burr removal on serrated knives. I noticed some of you use a felt wheel for polishing could you direct me to a vendor. Thank you

Knifegrinders sells them... KnifeGrinders Equipment

(I thought SchleifJunkies did too, but don't seem the on the website... but he has other things you might find of interest).
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

WagonHo!

Quote from: Drilon on September 02, 2020, 08:32:56 PM
Here are two (non US) companies: www.knifegrinders.com. au and https://www.mototechnica-shop.de/spezial-filzscheibe-filzrad-zum-messerschleifen-und-polieren-spez-gew-1-00-flint-hard-o-200-mm-oder-o-250-mm-abgeschraegt.html

Regards,
Drilon
Thank you for the link. I took three years of German in High school(Stone Age) and actually ordered some Tormek accessories from Germany so this will work for me as I can read it better than speak it.
I ordered a Mafell track saw and that is a thing of beauty.

WagonHo!

Quote from: cbwx34 on September 02, 2020, 08:34:13 PM
Quote from: WagonHo! on September 02, 2020, 08:23:19 PM
Greetings

Knifegrinders sells them... KnifeGrinders Equipment

(I thought SchleifJunkies did too, but don't seem the on the website... but he has other things you might find of interest).
I just read your post on bladeforum about the replacing the stop nut on the knife jig to compensate for blade curvature, brilliant! Thank you for the link. This T-7 dropped from the heavens to me for a pittance of $40.00,but The accessories are adding up fast.

cbwx34

Quote from: WagonHo! on September 02, 2020, 08:57:20 PM
I just read your post on bladeforum about the replacing the stop nut on the knife jig to compensate for blade curvature, brilliant! Thank you for the link. This T-7 dropped from the heavens to me for a pittance of $40.00,but The accessories are adding up fast.

A "Pivot Collar" of some sort, and one of the calculators to set the angle, is the best options for sharpening knives.... use them the mostest. :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

BeSharp

Durofelt in the US has a 6" wheel, but not a 10":

http://www.durofelt.com/image_55.html

They also have a new 10" felt wheel for "Tormeck" grinders:

http://www.durofelt.com/image_8.html

I have their 6" knife edge felt wheel for bench grinders:

http://www.durofelt.com/image_2.html

Very nice people to deal with.

Ken S

From the Duro Felt website:

Item   OD   ID   Thick   Density   Price
FW1011SB   10"   1"   1"   Soft - 0.50 gm/c3   $61.00 each + Pop-Up Bushing
FW1011MB   10"   1"   1"   Medium - 0.60 gm/c3   $66.00 each + Pop-Up Bushing
FW1011HB   10"   1"   1"   Hard - 0.70 gm/c3   $71.00 each + Pop-Up Bushing
FW1011RHB   10"   1"   1"   Rock Hard - 0.80 gm/c3   $76.00 each + Pop-Up Bushing

Item   OD   ID   Thick   Density   Price
FW1012MB   10"   1"   2"   Medium - 0.60 gm/c3   $107.00 each + 2 Pop-Up Bushings
FW1012HB   10"   1"   2"   Hard - 0.70 gm/c3   $127.00 each + 2 Pop-Up Bushings
FW1012RHB   10"   1"   2"   Rock Hard - 0.80 gm/c3   $150.00 each + 2 Pop-Up Bushings

I didn't see any ten inch split felt wheels.

Ken