News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Long term storage

Started by Robert Fisher, March 11, 2019, 08:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on March 13, 2019, 03:04:44 AM
Here is my answer from support:

"The older model had the drive pin recessed 4 mm in to the drive wheel. When the drive wheel did get really hot it could crack.
We then move the drive pin to the centre (14mm) of the drive wheel to have more material surrounding the drive pin.
Therefore if you use a new shaft with an older  drive wheel the recess is not deep enough to seat the drive wheel against the shoulder of the main shaft.
That is why we drilled two holes on early model MSK -250. 4mm and 14mm from shoulder.
We now have stopped drilling the extra hole. If the customer have an older drive wheel they have to drill the hole them self.
They can buy a new drive wheel if they donĀ“t want to drill the hole. This is what we recommend because of the stronger design and the fact that the older drive wheel is starting to get brittle and can crack."

The new shaft drilling does not quite follow the Tormek policy of non obsolescense, however, I can see the reason for the change. The new drive wheel really is much sturdier. Hopefully the bump in your drive wheel will work itself.

Ken

I guess I inadvertently dodged a bullet, that I'll have to address at some point.  :-\

8)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)