News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Shop water supply

Started by mike40, February 11, 2015, 11:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike40

My shop has no plumbing and after buying my Tormek I found it irritating that I had to lug water out to my shop every time I wanted to sharpen anything. I did use some 1-1/2 qt. milk cartons to start with, but it still wasn't very convenient. I had also starting using hot hide glue which requires water to mix with the dry glue granules. My solution to the problem was to build a little wall mounted shelf to hold a 12 gal. plastic bottle with a tap (as shown in the photo below). I've been using it for the last 6 months and I have found it to be really  convenient so I thought I would pass the idea along.

Mike

Ken S

Good idea, Mike.

Comparing your twelve gallon tank to an hour glass, I think the real trick is to know a young guy with a good back and dull knives which need sharpening every nine gallons. :)

Ken

mike40

True Ken, but it's really not too bad to carry or even to get it up onto the shelf. Except for winter time, I fill it with a garden hose next to the shop through the window. Anyway I'm used to carrying heavy stuff because the garden boss uses me as a mule in the good weather months, although I like to think of myself as the manager of the transportation and heavy lift department.
Mike

jeffs55

Will you use the contents fast enough to avoid algal growth?
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

grepper

Throw in a few teaspoons of bleach.

Ken S

Good thoughts, guys. Stig, has Tormek done any tests with things like mild bleach effecting the stones?

By the way, has anyone tried using coffee or paint filters with the waste water?

Ken