News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

a new homepage

Started by Ken S, January 24, 2015, 02:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

My imac died recently. Since 2008 it was my principal computer. In fact, for most of the time it was my only computer.

Most of the time when I go online, I quickly check this forum before doing other things. I have tormek saved in my bookmarks (applese for Favorites). In the interim, I have been using my PC laptop. The MSN homepage was very annoying. I really don't care what Hollywood and the athletes are doing. I read how to eliminate the MSN homepage. I decided to substitute the Tormek forum. Now all I need is a quick glance at the home page. If nothing is new, I just move on.

Ken

Rob

I agree with you about the MSN homepage Ken....what a waste of time...but having Tormek as your homepage...really?  I reckon you need to get on that lathe and start turning :-)
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Good point about the lathe, Rob. However, my laptop still uses the old Windows. Having Tormek as my home page saves me a lot of typing, at least until I get up to speed in the PC world.

Ken

grepper

Rob

google.co.uk (the starting point for everything :-))
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Mark,

"blank" was my original choice. I much prefer it most sites.

Rob,

Sorry, google.co.uk wouldn't work for me. I don't speak the language.

:D  Ken

Rob

And yet we both have an Uncle called Bob :-)
Best.    Rob.

mike40

Ken, just happened to see your post here and I was Glad to see Rob posting. I remember he was a bit miffed in his last post which I read, so I'm glad he still with us.  So hi Rob if happen to read this! I hope you are keeping those kitchen knives and turning tools sharp.
Mike