News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Problem with grindstone..

Started by Ruthless4645, April 13, 2013, 11:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruthless4645

I seem to have a problem with my grindstone, there's a spot in the center of the stone that appears to be more coarse or maybe softer (it's hard to describe) than the rest of the wheel. This spot is about 1/2" wide by about 3 1/2" long. I've used the diamond truing stone and the dressing stone but it reappears after a few minutes of grinding a knife edge. It's actually quite visible when the stone is wet and you can clearly hear and feel it every time the knife edge hits it. Has anyone else ever encountered this? if so how do I deal with it?

Herman Trivilino

Others have reported similar problems with grindstone problems like this.  Tormek is aware so it should be easy for you to get it replaced.
Origin: Big Bang

grepper

I had the exact same problem.  In fact it was my first post to this forum. 

Tormek replaced the wheel very quickly and I haven't had any problems since.  See this post that describes the problem and resolution in detail.  It's 3 pages...

http://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=1508.msg5163#msg5163

I posted pictures of it:

http://content.screencast.com/users/bllllllorg/folders/Default/media/0a9b54f0-0191-4e86-a378-050f0199efd7/Wheel0.png

http://tinyurl.com/b2md6x5

Does that look familiar?

Oh... Welcome to the forum. :)

Ruthless4645

Yes, that's it exactly!

I'm in Toronto Ontario and bought my T7 just awhile ago from Lee Valley Tools, do I contact them, or do I need to talk with Tormek directly?

Rob

Call Lee Valley. They're a very reputable company. They will exchange it for you. Only if they dont play ball should you end up with Tormek AB as a last resort. I would be amazed if Lee Valley don't sort you out, they are an excellent company
Best.    Rob.

Ruthless4645

I'll call Lee Valley first thing Monday morning.

Thanks to all of you for your fast response to my inquiry. I'll keep you updated.

Ken S

I have been a very satisfied Lee Valley customer for many years.  In those years, I did have one order which was damaged in shipment.  They made things right with no hassle.  I would be very surprised if they did not do right by you.  Keep us posted.

Ken

Rob

The other generic rule of course is your contract is always with the dealer and not directly with the manufacturer so the dealership should always be first port of call. Ironically, you couldn't have picked a better dealership
Best.    Rob.

Herman Trivilino

I think the quality control issue with a recent batch of grindstones is well documented enough that you shouldn't have any trouble getting a replacement.  Tormek is going to have to replace a lot of their retailer's stock if this keeps up.
Origin: Big Bang

Mike Fairleigh

Just another +1 for Lee Valley.  I do business with a few companies that have unheard-of customer service, but Lee Valley tops them all in that department.
Mike

"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 7 sharpening my axe."  --Abraham Lincoln