News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Add pictures

Started by Janne, August 14, 2016, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janne

Woow!
My humble question about adding pictures really turned out to be an upgrade of forum function. That is really nice with a forum that has so many interested members that are willing to adept new methods for example given this topic.
A forum with easy functions makes the members even more willing to participate in and start threads, which is the main purpose to have a living forum.
My deepest thanks to everybody involved in the process.
With easy ways of telling and showing the tecnical questions can get full priority.
Janne aka Grinder of Sweden
Wet grinding mentor. Drill bits restoring/reshape. Sharp edges in general.

Ken S

Janne,

I can't promise you a new forum program for each topic you post, however, I am pleased that your post resulted in the new photo procedure. :)

Rolf,

No need to sell me on RAW.  Several years ago, I wanted to make a photo of my neighbor's Christmas lights as a present. I set up my 6mp Nikon D70. Solid tripod, ISO 200. The large, fine JPEGs were not bad. The RAW print was spectacular. The house number, brick mortar lines and delicate snow were pristine. I was accustomed to making 8x10 black and white prints from 4x5 view camera negatives. I was pleased with the RAW print.

With my "retirement" schedule, most of my photos are school related for my grandchildren. The school occasionally uses one on its facebook site and I make some 4x6 prints. The large, fine JPEGs from my present 24mp camera seem quite adequate.

I bought the 24mp (Nikon D610), Canon black and white printer, and Epson scanner from the proceeds of selling my 4x5 and 35mm equipment. my plan was to use the D610 with RAW for my personal work and the D70 for school work. The D610 is much easier for me to use. I now use it for almost everything.

Like you, I use Adobe Lightroom. I really like it. I will learn how to size images for the forum with it. I am already amazed by RAW.

Ken

Rob

Lets not forget the post production opportunities with RAW.  Correct a settings mistake "after" it happened...very handy.
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Rob,

Some of us don't make mistakes.......... :)

Your point is well taken.

Ken

Rob

I meant us mere mortals My Lord :-)
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

No wonder the EU asked yous guys  to leave.   :)

Ken (aka "My Lord Moderator")