News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SVH-320 won't line up with wheel.

Started by finnman, June 26, 2012, 02:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnman

My jig will not line up square with the wheel, I have tried everything and can now see it is about 1/16 of an inch out of square where it pivots. I emailed Tormek and they said to contact my local retailer. Well, the problem is I bought it off Ebay, it was brand new never used, but I have been trying to work around it for 2 months so I can't return it now and my local retailer said they don't do repairs. I can't find a replacement part for just the piece that's not square. It will not accurately sharpen any blades over 6" without spending several hours of adjusting and it's eating one side of the wheel rather quickly. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tom

finnman

Update,
My neighbor is a tool and die guy, he took it and slightly bent the legs so it lines up perfectly with the wheel now. My question now is I must be setting it up incorrectly, it seems to be taking only minimal amounts off the planer blade, each 12" blade took me over an hour to sharp each one, I just keep going back and forth and seems to bottom out on the jig after only a few reps back and forth.

Jeff Farris

Sounds like your initial set up may not have been deep enough.
Jeff Farris