News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Pricing....cough! cough!

Started by kenc295, November 05, 2023, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenc295

I've spent a little on my ten year old T7 lately. I bought a planer blade jig and the rotating base. I didn't think they were excessively expensive, albeit not cheap.  As I was using my japanese water stone to touch up a few kitchen knoves, I wondered how much the 4000 grit stone costs these days. Cough cough! $490 + tax!   Holy Moly, much more than any other stone? Really?

Then I thought, one of those workstations might be nice, I wonder what they cost?  Best part of a grand!  Think I'll stick with what I have.
The Tormek is a great machine, but some of the pricing.....whooooo.

John Hancock Sr

Not sure what stone you are talking about but the Shapton costs around the AU$100 mark on Amazon

kenc295

Quote from: JohnHancock on November 05, 2023, 10:54:06 PMNot sure what stone you are talking about but the Shapton costs around the AU$100 mark on Amazon

Tormek has a 4000grit Japanese waterstone. SJ250.

John Hancock Sr

Sorry - yes - AU$680 here. Although it is cheaper on eBay. I don't think I'll bother.