News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Stuart Batty Angle Gauge

Started by mbowline, November 17, 2022, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbowline

I'm beginning to venture into grinding a negative rake scraper along with other scrapers, too. I've watched many videos that show various methods to set the angle of the tool rest.

I have found the Stuart Batty Angle Gauges as an intriguing option.

My question to the Forum is this: will an angle gauge such as the Batty ANgle Gauge work on my Tormek 2000?

RichColvin

I think it theoretically could.  Please let us know your experience.
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

I am curious (not critical). What would the Batty Angle Gage do on a Tormek that the Tormek SVD-186 jig can't do?

Ken

AKMike

The Stuart Batty Angle Gauge is used to set the angle of the tool rest on bench grinders, so the question should be what would the angle gauge do for the SVD-110 that the Tormek Angle Master cannot. I guess the answer is quicker and more consistent angle measurement. Glenn Lucas sells a similar gauge that he calls Moby Jig, which is made of plastic, instead of metal. The plastic body made it easier for me to adjust the contact points to get a more accurate angle with the Tormek 10" wheels.

Mike

Ken S