News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

KJ 45 locking nut catching on USB leg

Started by Sir Amwell, October 09, 2022, 03:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Amwell

This may have been covered. Apologies if it has.
When using the new KJ45 on the lower stop for wide knives/cleavers the locking nut ( black knob) catches on the USB leg when grinding on that side. Has anyone any ideas on how to remedy this?

Sir Amwell

Sorry. I see this has been covered. I did not see your reply to my post CB. Thanks.
So prying off the knob is the only real solution?

cbwx34

Quote from: Sir Amwell on October 09, 2022, 03:27:32 PM
Sorry. I see this has been covered. I did not see your reply to my post CB. Thanks.
So prying off the knob is the only real solution?

Replacing the knob with a "grub screw" that Ken suggests... may be the better option.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Most Tormek screws use an M6 metric thread. Local and big box hardware stores normally carry a variety of styles and lengths of M6 screws. A three pack or several individual M6 socket set (grub) screws is not expensive . A zip lock sandwich bag or Altoid metal container can easily hold a supply of misc. hardware parts for a Tormek.

The same M6 grub screw for the SVM-45 also fits the KJ-45, longer jigs, and the sleeves. Don't forget a set of metric Allen wrenches.

Ken

Sir Amwell