News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Taking Apart Henckels Kitchen Shears

Started by RickKrung, September 23, 2021, 02:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickKrung

I've been asked to sharpen a pair of Wusthof kitchen shears (see photos).  These are not the "take apart" variety.  There is a chromed cap on one side and the other side appears to be a raised logo/boss that is part of the plastic handle casting. 

I don't want to go digging at the chromed cap if there is no point, if they cannot be taken apart. 

I know many scissors can be sharpened without taking them apart.  However, these do not open far enough (less than 90ยบ) to allow access to the entire blade (see last photo).  And I know that the entire blade does not have to be sharpened, just the areas of the blades that actually open and can cut something.  But the length of exposed blades that could be reached is significantly less than the "usable" blade length (to the right of the black marker line on the upper blade in the third photo. 

Do any of you know how/if these scissors can be taken apart? 

Any help much appreciated.

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

BeSharp

Rick, I do a lot of scissors, but I haven't run into these before. Sorry : (

BeSharp

Rick, I just ran into the same scissors yesterday. Managed to carefully pry off both caps to reveal a non-adjustable pivot with no screwdriver slot of any kind.

RickKrung

Thanks.  I hadn't taken them to work on yet.  I'll ask the owner if it is OK to remove some of the plastic handle so they can be opened enough. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.