News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Revised, New Edition Tormek T2

Started by BeSharp, September 07, 2021, 04:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSharp

"New! Revised Guide Clip, 8 Year Warranty

The new Edition of the Tormek T-2 Pro Kitchen Knife Sharpener has a redesign guide clip that is lined so it won't mar knives, and it will accept larger knives than the original model too! Tormek has also given the T-2 an 8 year warranty, 5 years on purchase plus 3 years on registration.

The T2 can accommodate knives 14 - 60 mm (5/16" - 2-3/8") wide, and up to 3.5 mm (3/32") thick and it includes a removable magnet for capturing swarf. And now the guide clip is lined to prevent scratching knife blades!
"

Not on Tormek's site yet, but the above description is here: https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Tormek-T2-Pro-Kitchen-Knife-Sharpener-P1937C309.aspx

Ken S

Good find, Chip!
I have emailed Tormek requesting information about availability as an upgrade and cost. I will post the answer.
Ken

ps Brian Pratt makes, or at least used to make, adhesive scratch protectors for the SVM 45 and 140. I have found these to work well. Unfortunately, I have misplaced Brian's contact information. He also made a universal set up device of his own design. Anyone with contact info, please post.

John_B

Ken, you just need to look at your old posts  :D.  Actually searching Google for Brian Pratt and Tormek gave it to me.

Quote from: Ken S on May 22, 2020, 05:48:17 AM
Welcome to the forum, Jeff.

Brian Pratt makes the protective covering you are looking for. I purchased a set of two from him, one for the SVM-45 and one for the SVM-140. I like them. Brian is a Tormek user and knife sharpener.

His company is Bootheel Customs in Missouri. His contact email is prattswelding@yahoo.com.

Ken
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Ken S

htaitl

hi ken,
any new info about the new guide clip?

Ken S

All quiet on the Swedish front. No new word about the new T2 knife jig. I gather there are no plans to retrofit the jig to the present T2 model or T4 or T8.

Ken