News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Round blade sharpening attachment

Started by Sharpco, August 25, 2021, 09:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Good find, Sharpco!

I can hear the gears working in our minds; how do we adapt this to the T4 and T7/8?

Ken

Sharpco

Quote from: Ken S on August 25, 2021, 12:38:34 PM
I can hear the gears working in our minds; how do we adapt this to the T4 and T7/8?

I expect it's not difficult :)

cbwx34

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

tgbto

Interesting ! Thank you for the find...

RichColvin

The one I made is far from as innovative as the new one from Tormek.  But I'd bet the one from Tormek could be adapted to a 250mm grindstone...
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

tgbto

Looking at the video reminded me of a joke about how long it would take for any professional sharpener to be asked to sharpen a pizza cutter...

And I was just thinking by resting the handle of said pizza cutter on the USB, mounted horizontally or on the FVB, one should be able to do a decent job of letting the rotation of the stone rotate the cutter disc. It might take some fiddling to find the right angle, but who knows. I wouldn't dare try to sharpen mine as I would probably be the first fatality ever of a sharp pizza cutter after my significant other cuts herself with it.

Elden

Elden

BeSharp

koncierge

Can you use the round blade sharpening attachment to sharpen smaller blades - (28mm, 45mm, 60mm)? I believe the video eludes to smaller than 80mm blades (as you sharpen 80mm blades they get smaller), but has anyone tried it?

tgbto

From the website (or the page referenced above) :

QuoteWorks with round knife blades of approximately 80–140 mm in diameter.

So there might be a bit of tolerance built in the "approximately", but I would guess not for a 70% decrease.

cbwx34

Quote from: koncierge on August 08, 2022, 07:21:27 PM
Can you use the round blade sharpening attachment to sharpen smaller blades - (28mm, 45mm, 60mm)? I believe the video eludes to smaller than 80mm blades (as you sharpen 80mm blades they get smaller), but has anyone tried it?

If you own a T-2, you're probably limited to the measurements Tormek gives.

But in the Tormek Facebook Group, some have adapted the attachement to work on a T-4 or T-8 using an FVB.  Don't know if it'll meet your specs, but might be worth looking into.  SchleifJunkies has a video showing a sample setup.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)