News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

The "Ultimate All-In-One Angle Tool"...

Started by cbwx34, January 13, 2020, 05:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoTech

Just received mine, looking forward to using it. Thanks Brian for a well thought out tool.

BeSharp

Another happy user. I can see the plastic tip wearing out over time, but it's a great tool for what it is. Should be handy for farmers markets!

cbwx34

The All-In-One Angle Tool is now sold  HERE

8)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

bisonbladesharpening

Does any one know if his Jig Pads are still available anywhere?

cbwx34

Ken S

I just received an email reply from Brian Pratt (the owner and maker). I like both his angle tool and his pads. He is having Covid related backorder problems getting plexiglass, however, he has the pads in stock. Brian is a conscientious, good guy. I recently purchased two more SVM-45 jigs and need to order pads for them.

Ken

RickKrung

I have a set of the jig pads that I will likely never use.  I'd be willing to part with them for the cost of shipping. 

PM if interested. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Hannsi1957

so this is just me??? of the first 10 posts, 5 of them are about some kind of angle adjustment!!! do you actually have to open a new tread every 2nd day? just a thought from me when i look at the top 10 treads.
cheers Hanns  ;D

Ken S

Hanns,

I started the largest (181 replies) of the five angle topics in the top ten topics. To read all the way through all 181 replies one would have to read 13 pages. If we combined all five angle topics, we would have to read over 600 replies.If I recall my college German correctly, I believe the word for that might be "gründlichkeit". (thoroughness).

I would prefer more topics of shorten duration.

cheers, Ken

Hannsi1957

I can understand you Ken, I just often think "I only just learned that". It's just always the same answers.If some people would use the search function it would be surely simpler. That was also no criticism but I noticed that many people want to have the calculation of the angle and any distances instead of trying something themselves.
my approach was
.....  all try and error :)
cheers Hanns

bisonbladesharpening

Thanks for the heads up for the link for the pads.
Got 2 sets. Arrived within a week.  Thanx for the offer Rich
but I missed your post.  I use my 45 way more than my long Knife.
Any one wants to try pads for long knife jig, I'll be glad to forward.
Best Wishes
Tim

PE Pete

This looks great, a little bit pricey by the time you add in shipping to NZ but then everything is when shipped here.

Ken S

Pete, how much of the price is the jig itself and how much of it is international shipping?

Earlier this week I checked with my local UPS store for an estimate to ship a $90US Tormek accessory to another continent. The estimate was $175!

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: PE Pete on November 11, 2020, 08:48:34 PM
This looks great, a little bit pricey by the time you add in shipping to NZ but then everything is when shipped here.

It's nice, but you can do the same with a caliper, combination square, etc.

The calculator (link is in my signature) is free.

Louiesdad

Ken
UPS store charges a surcharge of 50% over listed UPS rates.....