News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Catra - white shades inside the ring

Started by chiamsi, April 03, 2020, 03:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiamsi

Hello,
I got my Carta Hobby delivered today and found that inside the ring there is a kind of white coat, which I can not remove.
Is this normal or affecting the performance?

Thank you in advance
Ernst

smurfs

Hi Ernst

I suspect it is just cosmetic due to poor assembly which is unacceptable given the cost of the item.

When I received my Catra Hobby the clear perspex parts containing the V notches were covered in excess glue and even had the assemblers glue fingerprint marks in places. Worse still was the laser beam was not correctly aligned and straddled the 1 degree mark. I sent it back immediately for a replacement which was only marginally better - the laser alignment was still an issue but not as bad.

I strongly recommend you send it back if you are not happy with it. Perhaps even ask for a refund and look at other options, which in hindsight is something I should have done.

Andrew

chiamsi

Thank you Smurfs,
the quality seems really poor.
I returned it for a refund and ordered the Goniometer Master already.

Ernst

chiamsi

I am glad that I returned it. The Goniometer Master is a real game changer. I like especially the magnetic holder which makes it simple to use