News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SVX-150 Scissors Jig detached piece

Started by Fernando, October 04, 2019, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando

I have taken advantage of a good time with my tormek T-8 and I have begun to acquire new accessories including the SVX-150 Scissors Jig.

I don't know if it happened to someone, if it's normal, if I don't have to worry and just repair it, or if I should contact Tormek for guarantee.

Buy the jig but wait to have a tailor's scissors to sharpen,
and in the first use, without force and without noticing any defect in the product I see that the black paste head of the adjustment screw rotated freely, without force.

It shows that it is new, and there is no bad treatment

What do you advise me?

Attached photos.

micha

Hi Fernando,

I've had that more than once (at least 5 times), with the lock screws of different accessories. However, with a drop of super glue it was a quick fix, and none of the glued heads came off ever since.
Just be careful not to glue the threads together, so remove the screw before pressing it into the head again.

Those screws seem to be just pressed in, so I had already wondered if I was the only one to come across the problem. Obviously not... :)

Fernando

Quote from: micha on October 04, 2019, 05:55:22 PM
Hi Fernando,

I've had that more than once (at least 5 times), with the lock screws of different accessories. However, with a drop of super glue it was a quick fix, and none of the glued heads came off ever since.
Just be careful not to glue the threads together, so remove the screw before pressing it into the head again.

Those screws seem to be just pressed in, so I had already wondered if I was the only one to come across the problem. Obviously not... :)

Thanks for the information, I can notice that it is not a defect in the piece, everything indicates that it was designed to enter pressure, I think the fastest and simplest solution is to use glue, I will try it with epoxy glue, since the instant glue " cyanoacrylate "I'm not inspired by security over time.

Ken S

Fernando,

I would contact support, describing your situation. (support@tormek.se)

Please keep us posted.

Ken

ps Any reoccurrence of your motor problem?

Fernando

Quote from: Ken S on October 04, 2019, 08:14:15 PM
Fernando,
I would contact support, describing your situation. (support@tormek.se)
Please keep us posted.
Ken
ps Any reoccurrence of your motor problem?

Hi Ken

I followed your advice and contacted the support of tormek, and I can only say that I can not be more satisfied with the answer, I even asked if I could fix it with glue.

I quote:
Yes you can glue it if you need it asap.
However this is not normal and not up to Tormek standard.
This should not happen. My apologies
We send you a new locking knob. (R7031)

:) :) :)
----------------------------------

In relation to my engine, it has not died again, but now I also do not risk working for a long time, without having good ventilation nearby. It keeps getting very hot, but I understand that it is normal behavior.

Ken S

Fernando,
I am pleased that your experience with support and your scissors jig ended so satisfactorily.

I am not happy that the starting problem with your Tormek has not been resolved. As a career telephone repair technician, I understand the difficulties of intermittent trouble, which are compounded by Tormek having no dealers or agents on your continent. You presently have a Tormek in which you have no confidence. This is not a good situation for either you or Tormek. I would suggest that you contact Tormek and request that they ship you a new unit and return your present unit. You should not have to pay any shipping for this.

Ken