News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Problems to solve

Started by tahodgson, December 09, 2015, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grepper

Something like this works well:

Ken S

Mark, you get the Popular Mechanics Home Workshop award for your tray idea!  :)

Ken

grepper

Popular Mechanics brings back memories.  When I was a kid I had a subscription.  It was great! 

BTW, all of the complete funky old issues are available for your reading pleasure on Google Books.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Popular_Mechanics.html?id=59sDAAAAMBAJ

I think for my next project I'll turn my lawn mower into a personal hovercraft!

tahodgson

Grepper, liked your drip pan solution.  Found a retired cake pan at the local thrift store for $2.99 that fits perfectly.

Also spent an hour dipped nostalgia looking through a 1960 issue of Pop Mech.  The ads were a hoot, but also a great reminder of a simpler time. 

grepper

tahodgson,

Glad that panned out for you.   :)

The thrift stores like Salvation Army, etc., are also excellent places to find knives, hopeless garden trimmers and other stuff for super cheap you can use to practice sharpening.  One near me has a big box of knives for $0.10 - $0.50 each.  Basically free.  Occasionally I've found high quality knives and old tools that can be completely rescued with just a little TLC.  A super good deal.

The old ads in PM are great!  Really shows how times have changed and some are actually comical.  And like you said, it sure was a simpler time.

And... funky too!

Ken S