News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Empty water every time?

Started by JAC1961, June 13, 2009, 04:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAC1961

I'm a new Tormek user and so far I'm very impressed with it.

I've looked thru the instruction manual and can't find the answer to my question.  It might be there, I just haven't found it.

I'm wondering if I need to empty the water container after every time I use the grinder?

Thanks - John

Jeff Farris

Need to?  No.  There is no danger of damaging the stone by leaving it in water or doing harm to any other part of the system.

On the other hand, what normally happens is that the stone wicks the water out of the tray very quickly, and the stuff in the bottom of the tray hardens into a mess, making it a big chore to clean up.  If you do it at the end of the each sharpening day, it's a very quick and easy process.
Jeff Farris

JAC1961

Thanks for the prompt answer Jeff, that makes perfect sense.  I didn't use it last night, but did notice that at least 1/2 the water had evaporated.