News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek disassembly

Started by Brad Moser, December 20, 2008, 05:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Moser

Jeff,
I was taking my Supergrind 2000 apart to clean it up and I could not get the stone off.  I had some corrosion on the "axle", washer and nut on the stone side that I tried to clean up but the stone would not come off.  Should it? Is the corrosion the only thing holding it on after the washer and nut are removed or is it epoxied on?  My machine has started to make some noise so I was trying to clean it up and see where the noise was coming from.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

Jeff Farris

Brad,

The corrosion is the only thing holding the shaft and the stone together if you have the nut and washer removed.

Take the honing wheel and drive wheel off the other side, then slide the main shaft out.  Check the main bushings in the frame and hit them with a little Teflon based lubricant (I like Boeshield T-9).

You can try supporting the grindstone on a surface where the shaft can go through the surface (hole in the middle of a workbench) and tapping gently on the end of the shaft.  You may want to consider replacing the shaft.  The replacement shafts and the shafts in all the machines sold after mid-2006 are stainless. 
Jeff Farris

Brad Moser

Thanks Jeff, I'll give that a shot.

Brad